A Model for Leadership Development
Short-term Immersion Experiences are designed to develop faith leadership capacity in young adults by providing intensive opportunities to engage justice issues about which they are passionate while exploring and articulating the connections to their faith lives.
The Five Elements of an ELIYA Immersion Experience
1. A 5 to 10 day immersion experience with a diverse but small cohort of 10 to 20 young adults selected from across the Episcopal Church and its networks
2. Using Episcopal theological and formational lenses to engage a topic of importance to the young adults and help them reflect on its relationship to their faith
3. Providing young adults access to multi-perspective high-level conversations and cutting edge approaches to a current social justice issue
4. Training young adults in leadership skills that will help them engage and navigate existing networks of the Church and advocate for justice in the world
5. Supporting the young adults in taking leadership in their dioceses to act on their experience and educate their communities